U.S. Sen. Benjamin Cardin, U.S. Rep. Donna Edwards, and Montgomery County Executive Ike Leggett to Deliver Keynote Addresses
Ceremonies will be available live via webcasts
ADELPHI, Md. (May 4, 2015)—University of Maryland University College will celebrate its 2015 stateside commencement with three separate ceremonies at the Xfinity Center in College Park, Maryland, on May 16 and 17. Approximately 3,000 of the 9,023 stateside graduates in the Class of 2015 will attend the three ceremonies.
UMUC stateside commencement ceremonies:
Saturday, May 16, 9:30 a.m., Xfinity Center, College Park, Maryland
- Keynote speaker: Ike Leggett, Montgomery County Executive
- Student speaker: Jermaine Montgomery (BS, Criminal Justice)
Saturday, May 16, 4 p.m., Xfinity Center, College Park, Maryland
- Keynote speaker: The Honorable Donna Edwards, U.S. Representative (Maryland, 4th District)
- Student speaker: Shannon O’Brien (MS, Management)
Sunday, May 17, 4 p.m., Xfinity Center, College Park, Maryland
- Keynote speaker: The Honorable Benjamin Cardin, U.S. Senator (Maryland)
- Student speaker: Kitsana Dounglomchan (BS, Digital Media and Web Technology)
The three stateside ceremonies will be available for viewing live via webcasts. To access the webcasts visit www.umuc.edu/commencement.
UMUC also holds commencement ceremonies for military personnel and their dependents at installations around the world (Tokyo, April 11; Okinawa, April 18; South Korea, April 25; Europe, May 9; and Guam, May 16). The total number of worldwide graduates is 10,825, representing all 50 states, plus the District of Columbia and Guam, and 20 countries.
Facts about the UMUC Class of 2015:
- Number of graduates stateside: 9,023
- Number of graduates worldwide: 10,825
- Average age of stateside graduates: 36
- Average age of worldwide graduates: 35
- Age of oldest master’s degree graduate: 74
- Age of oldest worldwide graduate: 80
- Age of youngest stateside graduate: 20
- Age of youngest worldwide graduate: 17
Check out messages, photos, and stories from UMUC graduates on Facebook and follow the conversation on Twitter using #UMUCGrad.
For information about UMUC commencement, please visit www.umuc.edu/commencement.