U.S. Rep. Jamie Raskin, Cmd. Sgt. Maj. Lynice Thorpe-Noel and Tech Entrepreneur Frank Islam to Deliver Keynote Addresses
Ceremonies Will Be Available Live Via Webcasts
ADELPHI, Md. (May 2, 2019)—University of Maryland University College will celebrate its 2019 stateside commencement with three separate ceremonies at the Xfinity Center in College Park, Maryland, on May 18 and 19. Approximately 3,000 of the 13,242 graduates worldwide in the Class of 2019 will attend the stateside ceremonies.
UMUC Stateside Commencement Ceremonies:
Saturday, May 18, 9 a.m., Xfinity Center, College Park, MD
- Keynote speaker: Command Sergeant Major Lynice Thorpe-Noel, U.S. Army
Saturday, May 18, 3:30 p.m., Xfinity Center, College Park, MD
- Keynote speaker: Honorable Jamie Raskin, U.S. Representative (Maryland, 8th District)
Sunday, May 19, 3:30 p.m., Xfinity Center, College Park, MD
- Keynote speaker: Mr. Frank Islam, chief executive officer, FI Investment Group
The three stateside ceremonies will be available for viewing live via webcasts. To access the webcasts, visit www.umuc.edu/commencement.
UMUC also holds commencement ceremonies for military personnel and their dependents at installations around the world (Tokyo, April 13; Okinawa, April 20; South Korea, April 27; Europe, May 4; and Guam, May 11).
Worldwide graduates represent all 50 states, plus the District of Columbia, and 26 countries and territories.
Facts about the UMUC Class of 2019:
- Number of graduates worldwide: 13,242
- Average age of graduates: 36
- Oldest graduate: 77 years old
- Youngest graduate: 18 years old
Check out messages, photos and stories from UMUC graduates on Facebook and follow the conversation on Twitter using #UMUCGrad.
For information about UMUC commencement, please visit www.umuc.edu/commencement